Tuesday 28 March 2023

Critical reflection

Module learning

 At the start of the module, my goal was to improve both my communication and presenting abilities. Also, after finishing the module every week, my aspirations began to expand. For instance, I recall being called out for mischievous behaviour on the first day of class, which made me realize how crucial it is to behave well both inside and outside of the classroom. Moving on , I also learned how to use critical thinking and writing skills in class. For instances, I had learned about Rodgers’ reflective cycle where I need to know the reality, causes ,effects ,goal ,possible change and testing the hypothesis and the outcome of changes.

From then, I have learnt paraphrasing, summarizing ,citing sources, and avoiding plagiarism which is one of the new goals that I needed. Although I am still having trouble with all of them, I do understand how to apply it and know the importance of applying it in my report. It is a bit tedious I might say like for example, I need to keep paraphrasing and citing the sources but it benefits me in the end as plagiarism allegations can cause a student suspended or expelled.

Going on to the group project, I discover that I am learning a lot from it. For instance, even though I am the group's reporter, I have discovered that having individual roles does not require that we as a team sticking to those roles and waiting for our team leader to perform tasks. I've discovered that the greatest way to solve a problem in a team is to keep initiating the project or report and speaking everyone's ideas.

Lastly, the module taught me on how to do well in presentation and to how to be confident in myself while presenting to the class. For example, to be confident, I need to keep on practicing beforehand and try to understand what I am presenting. Not only that, during presenting, I have learnt to make eye contact with everyone and not to stand behind any objects as to grab the audience attention.

Project learning

Coming up with a solution was the focus of my research project's final endeavour. I discovered, for instance, that to determine the nature of our proposed solution, we would need to conduct both primary and secondary research. Thus, thinking creatively and stepping outside of my comfort zone, I spoke with 10 pharmacists to gain their opinions on our problem topic. This helped me become better at communicating with strangers and learning more about the subject of my research. Moving on to the report, I have learnt that teamwork is important because of what we had been through. We had a group meeting to discuss the issue since me and my team weren't doing enough to start the report and kept depending on the team leader. Through resolving it, we gain a better understanding of one another's viewpoints and ideas as well as learn how to put the past disagreement or issue behind us and move on. From then, we initiate stuffs more and practice for our presentation too. I learned from this project experience that to successfully complete a team project, we must work together, communicate our thoughts to one another, and take comments and criticism from all of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment